Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Bathroom Remodel--Day-by-Day--Day Nine

A Bathroom Remodel--Day-by-Day
Day Nine
Tuesday, Feb. 17th.

    Whew! She's taking shape. Kirk and Steve are going full-speed.  The only problem is--it's a very tight space.    

The tile is almost done. Looking good!

The niches will be tiled with the same tile used in the band. We feel this gives the tile a continuity.
    Kirk and Steve assure me we'll be done by Thursday--in two more work days. Then they tell me the only thing that will slow them down is if the plumber and electrician get in their way. I tell them, "Do you think I told the home owner the deal was that we'd finish everything except the electrical and the plumbing by Thursday?" They have no answer for this. 

Here's a view of the shower and the vanity. We're close--oh, so close!
    Yes--it will be crowded in the bathroom for the next two days, but I believe the job will be complete. Kirk and Steve need to be optimistic, and they also need to push themselves a little harder than normal. 
    The homeowner asked me today about the toothbrush holder and the soap dish--two items not installed much anymore. I'm not sure I can find them locally in brushed nickel, but I'll try. There's always something, isn't there? Especially, in remodeling. 
    More good news--Best Glass called to tell me the glass partition wall was in. Yes! We'll make it!



    And with these last two pictures, I'll bid you adieu. I had to leave early (about 1:30), so didn't get the photos of the final tiles going up, but I'll take more tomorrow. So far--right on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment